As a Christ-follower, how does our Faith translate in the workplace? How is it that we can/should carry ourselves if we really believe what we believe? We don’t need to thump people over the head with a Bible and preach from the water cooler… Can we simply live out our Faith?
- We should not compromise our principles. God’s law trumps your boss.
- We should be the hardest workers. Christ-followers should be the most desired workers on the planet (hard work, integrity, love others, respect authority…)
- We’re called to love others… the second greatest commandment… “Do we love our boss”? People matter and we’re surrounded by hurting, lost people…
- We should be different. We can let our light shine”- to genuinely be different- we should stick out because of our love and care for people… Opportunity to give glory to God…
- We are great encouragers…calling out the best in people, giving them Hope, recognizing their talents and abilities and giving away praise… Purpose… Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you… plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.”
- We speak Truth. Sometimes this is in candid feedback, how people can improve, where they’re missing it… Most avoid conflict- we “want” people to succeed. Integrity matters. Sometimes the most unfair thing we can do is not being honest with people by simply withholding.
- Our identity is in Christ. Our identity is not in our role, position, or the feedback we get unfairly get. We don’t step over people to get a position unfairly.
- We don’t gossip. Psalm 101:5 Whoever slanders his neighbor secretly I will destroy. Whoever has a haughty look and an arrogant heart I will not endure.
- We can be bold. We don’t need to live in fear and we should be slow to speak, slow to anger- but if anyone can say what needs to be said, it can be a Christ-follower. Why? It should be wrapped in love, in care for people, with great intent.
- We believe people can change. Often people are simply written off, labeled, and discarded… People can change and we believe it because God is all about changed lives.
Everyday we get the opportunity to build up or tear down, to live courageously or to blend to be unseen… I fail everyday but I hope to keep falling forward… What would you add to this list?